Grifting my way through the interweb wilderness with a bindle and a lightning bolt

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Evin Wolverton spoils Feburary Album Writing Month


Evin Wolverton is destroying everyone's muse at FAWM.org by posting songs of unmatchable caliber--Why even bother writing songs anymore? Evin encouraged me to take the fawm challenge, but I think now I'll just burn all of my instruments and microphones.

He makes his superiority clear in the first two lines of "Elephant Bones"(MP3): "My Shit: intelligent / Your shit: irrelevant. / Things get malevolent / When you upset the bones of an elephant."

And to rub it all in our inferior faces, he is posting intentionally bad-song novelties like "This Song Sucks." In the words of fellow fawmer Tom DeSimone, "Man, your deliberately crappy song is way better than any of mine."

Silly self-effacing adulation aside, Evin really does have some of the best music on the site.
Go watch him wrap up the month with another seven songs yet to come. I know I'll be checking in everyday.

No comments: