Grifting my way through the interweb wilderness with a bindle and a lightning bolt

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tron Sequel Soundtrack--Daft Punk are the New Vangelis

The sequel Tron soundtrack by Daft Punk sounds a lot like some of Vangelis' work to my ears--not always but often.  It is a much toned down Daft Punk from what I am used to hearing, but makes perfect sense for a movie soundtrack; you cannot have every moment accompanied by a hype dance tune.  If you were hoping for a bunch of danceable pop songs, adjust your expectations.  This is Blade Runner and Lord of the Rings fog horn mash-up with a helping of a Daft Punk.  It is big studio money + Daft Punk as the album cover suggests.


























Even a movie-soundtrack version of Daft Punk still sounds good to me.
The digital soundtrack is $4 at Amazon today.


I hope this guy is in the sequel as a sweet easter egg.

No comments: