Grifting my way through the interweb wilderness with a bindle and a lightning bolt

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Free and Legal Download of the Week: Paleo - "The King James Fakebook"

I like free digital copies of music.  I also love being legitimate. So I am going to post links to free digital downloads on a semi-regular weekly-ish basis that will not get me in trouble with these guys.

I am loving Paleo's "The King James Fakebook."  He sounds like some of my favorite low-fi heroes, Daniel Johnston and June Panic.  This dude wrote and recorded a song every day for a year while traveling around the United States.  That makes him a pretty legit troubadour in my book.  I did not listen to them all, but here is one I enjoyed titled, "February 22nd, 2009" [legit].  I especially enjoyed his heart as six-sided die metaphor: "whose own six-sided heart he throws upon her even plane it rolls and rolls."



Here is the link to "The King James Fakebook" at Amazon.  4/5

No comments: